Ed MacGregor Park Entryway
These stone pillars once stood at the entryway of the Sooke Harbour Hotel, located at the western end of the Sooke River bridge, to welcome patrons when it opened in 1913. Following a massive fire that burned the Hotel to the ground, the rock pillars were the only segment of the hotel that was left standing. In 2002, Martin Swift Construction played a part in moving and reconstructing the original stone pillars in Ed MacGregor Park. These stone pillars are reminders of a glamorous piece of Sooke’s heritage, while also serving as portals to the park and beacons for the future.